Xishiku Catholic Church

From Wiki China org cn
Jump to navigationJump to search

Xishiku Catholic Church, also known as the Northern Church, is where the Beijing Cardinal Bishop Office is located. The church was originally located at Xipancanchiguo in Zhongnanhai (opposite the former Beijing Library), a land bestowed by Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty, who also hand-written the calligraphic plaque and couplets for the building. It was named "Savior Church" and officially opened on February 9, 1703.