Wenlan Pavilion

From Wiki China org cn
Jump to navigationJump to search

Now located on the grounds of Zhejiang Provincial Museum, the Wenlan Pavilion (http://english.zjol.com.cn/gb/node2/node138665/node139012/node139017/node140890/node140896/userobject15ai1424113.html) was built in 1782 during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), designated as one of the seven imperial library pavilions to house the Si ku quan shu (Complete Library in the Four Branches of Literature), which is now stored in the nearby Zhejiang Library. The whole collection consists of 36,000 volumes covered in different colored silks and stored in 6,752 boxes. Originally, four copies of the collection were stored respectively in the imperial library pavilions in Beijing, Chengde and Shenyang, and three other copies were kept in Yangzhou, Zhenjiang and Hangzhou.

Wenlan Pavilion