The People’s Republic of China is a socialist state under a people’s democratic dictatorship, led by the working class (through the Communist Party of China) and based on an alliance of workers and peasants. The socialist system is the basic system of the People’s Republic of China. All power in the People’s Republic of China belongs to the people. The organs through which the people exercise state power are the National People’s Congress (NPC) and the local people’s congresses at different levels.
The state organs of the PRC (http://www.china.org.cn/features/state_structure/node_1064401.htm) include:
1. Organs of state power – the NPC and the local people’s congresses;
2. President of the state;
3. State administrative organs – the State Council and the local people’s governments;
4. State leading military organ – the Central Military Commission;
5. State judicial organs – the Supreme People’s Court, local people’s courts and special people’s courts;
6. State procuratorial organs – the Supreme People’s Procuratorate, local people’s procuratorates and special people’s procuratorates.