Peking Xinhua Radio Station
The Shanbei Xinhua Radio Station, led by the Communist Party of China, began broadcasting on February 2, 1949. Relocated to Peking on March 25, 1949, it was then renamed Peking Xinhua Radio Station. In March 1951, the name was again changed to what it remains known as today, Beijing People’s Radio Station.
The Beijing People’s Radio Station, located at 14 Jianguomenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District, today employs a staff of more than 700. Seven channels broadcast in seven frequencies, with 126.5 hours airtime per day. A total transmission power of 171 kilowatts allows a signal to span Beijing and reach some areas in Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Tianjin, Shanxi, Shandong and Liaoning Provinces.