Monument to the People's Heroes

From Wiki China org cn
Jump to navigationJump to search
Momument to the People's Heroes

The Monument to the People's Heroes, constructed from August 1952 to May 1958. Towering 10 stories high, its northern façade is dominated by the inscription, "Eternal Glory to the People's Heroes", in Mao Zedong's hand.

The lower plinth is decorated with 10 two-meter-high marble bas reliefs depicting the Chinese revolutionary movement over the past hundred years.

"Burning the Opium", Jintian Uprising, the Wuchang Uprising, the May 4th Movement (1919), the May 30th Movement (1925), the Nanchang Uprising, and "Crossing the River" are all displayed on the Monument.