Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion

From Wiki China org cn
Jump to navigationJump to search

Standing on Jingzhen Hill 14 km to the west of Menghai county seat, the Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion was built in 1701 during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911).

A brick-and-wood structure, the 15.42-m-high pavilion is supported by 16 columns. Its multiangular walls were built with bricks covered with light red clay and decorated with pieces of colored glass and shiny patterns of flowers, animals and figures. The roof is wooden, cone-shaped with ridge decorated with small golden pagodas, beasts and flame-shaped glass, with copper bells dangling from beneath the eaves. It is a masterpiece of Buddhist architecture by the ethnic Dai people.

Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion