Casa Garden

From Wiki China org cn
Jump to navigationJump to search

Casa Garden is a heritage building in Macau. First built in 1770, the Casa Garden was originally the villa of the wealthy merchant Manuel Pereira, and was later rented to the Macao Branch of the British East India Company as a residence for commercial directors and high-ranking British officers stationed in China. Taken over by the Portuguese Government in 1885, it was converted into a museum in the 1960s. Now the Casa Garden is the head office of the Orient Foundation, a Macau cultural foundation.

Casa Garden