Canglang (Surging Waves) Pavilion, located south of Suzhou City, is the oldest garden among the existing classical gardens of Suzhou.
During the Northern Song Dynasty, the scholar Su Shunqin built a pavilion in the garden and named it Canglang Pavilion. It was renovated in 1695 during Qing Emperor Kangxi's reign period. It occupies an important artistic position among Suzhou gardens, with its simple tranquility and masterly integration of views both inside and outside the garden. The addition of the 500 Men of Virtue Memorial Temple further enhanced its cultural value.