Aid Partnership for Post-Sichuan Earthquake Recovery and Reconstruction
In order to mobilize the whole nation's efforts to speed up the restoration and reconstruction in earthquake-hit areas and to provide assistance and support in an orderly manner, a mechanism for aid partnership was set up within China in June 2008.
The program follows the principle of "each province helps one seriously-affected county," and sets the term of aid partnership at three years.
A total of 19 provinces and municipalities in eastern and central China have paired up with quake-hit areas. Taking into account the economic strength of aid providers and the situation of aid receivers, pairings are as follows:
15. Jiangxi Province - Xiaojin County, Sichuan Province
1. Planning, architectural design, expert counseling, engineering construction and supervision;
2. Construction and restoration of urban and rural resident houses;
3. Construction and restoration of public facilities, including schools, hospitals, television broadcasting stations, cultural and sports facilities, social welfare facilities, etc;
4. Construction and restoration of infrastructure, including urban and rural roads, water supply and drainage, gas supply, disposal of sewage and garbage, etc;
5. Construction and restoration of agricultural and rural infrastructure;
6. Providing mechanical equipment, instruments and tools, construction materials, and services such as selecting teachers and medical personnel, talent training, non-local nursery and school enrollment, labor export and import, agricultural technology, etc;
7. On a market-oriented basis, encouraging companies to invest in building local plants, setting up trade and circulation service facilities, and participating in commercial infrastructure construction projects;
8. Other forms of aid agreed upon during the negotiation of partnership.